Bowling Green Football Schedule Preview 2023

Bowling Green Football Schedule Preview 2023

HC Scot Loeffler (photo via BG Athletics)


Last year was a really fun 6-7 season. After the FCS loss, this team upset Marshall in an OT thriller on homecoming and then had a solid 5-3 MAC record to go bowling. Hopefully 2023 sees similar or better results. I think predicting MAC teams is near IMPOSSIBLE because of the constant parity year to year and now the transfer portal basically makes the group of 5 teams brand new from year to year. With that being said, here is my schedule prediction. 

Win Range Prediction: 5-7 wins

Liberty: Win
Eastern Illinois: Win
Michigan: Loss
Ohio: Loss
GTech: Loss
Miami OH: Win
Buffalo: Loss
Akron: Win
Ball State: Win
Kent State: Win
Toledo: Loss
Western Michigan: Win


Non Con 2-2

The non-con is ROUGH this year. Liberty pays there head coach 8 times more than we do at 4.5 million they spend like a P5 team. However it is there first game as a staff, so give me the Falcons in an upset! I think BG will then beat Eastern Illinois but lose to both Michigan and GTech. 

Saturday MACtion 2-2

The Saturday MACtion slate sees the Falcons host Ohio and Akron, while on the road for Miami and Buffalo. I think Buffalo and Ohio will be losses but the Falcons respond with two wins against Miami OH and Akron. BG has a surprising amount of veteran players and I think that matters a lot in this league. 

Weeknight MACtion 3-1

The boys could really open up the season down the stretch. It is hard to beat Toledo twice in a row, so if that is a loss I still can totally see wins against the two worst teams in the west division (per Vegas win totals) and a rebuilding Kent State team. 

Record: 7-5

Why not believe this team takes a step forward? Everyone especially Vegas is doubting this team but last year no one saw 6-6 coming. I think this team is sneaky good and you do not need well known names to win in the MAC (see 2021 NIU). I think there is a very real path to 7-5 and even 6-6 would be a really nice season as BG would maintain relevance in this league. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Portal 2023

Bowling Green 2022 Transfer Portal Recap

State of the Program 11/11/2022