MAC Gambling Corner Week 8

MAC Gambling Corner Week 8



    It's back!!! The return of the Gambling Corner. I have been having a fantastic season on my personal bets and figured it is time to bring back the Corner for the people. I will make one pick on every MAC game and see how that goes. 

1. Western Michigan vs Ohio -16.5 O/U 52.5

    I think Western has surprised me with how good they have been but I say that because I thought they could go 1-11 and they will likely go 4-8. Ohio dropped a stinker last week but every MAC team does that every year. I think the cats rebound with a convincing win this week. 

Best Bet: Ohio -17

2. Akron vs Bowling Green -8 O/U 37.5

    Everyone wants to talk about how close Akron has been in their losses. Guess what, they are still losses. Under Coach Moorehead this team always finds a way to lose. On the other hand BG has rarely shown an ability to cover as a favorite, especially one close to double digits. BG is 1-4 ATS under Coach Loffler and only have ONE FBS win by more than 16 points since 2019. Despite that, give me the Falcons on family weekend with the retro helmets. 

Best Bet: Bowling Green -8

3. Eastern Michigan vs NIU -12 O/U 44

    Eastern has been a tad disappointing this year. NIU has looked much better the last couple weeks but this is the same team that lost their FCS game the week after beating Boston College. I still have faith in the Eagles, so I'll bet on them to at least not get blown away. 

Best Bet: Eastern Michigan +12

4. Buffalo vs Kent State +7 O/U 43

    Buffalo had a horrible non-con going 0-4. However, they are 2-1 in MAC play. Kent may be one of the worst teams in the country. I think Buffalo wins but my best bet is on the total. I think Buffalo's offense rebounds after last week and Kent is able to score as well. 

Best Bet: Over 44

5. Central Michigan vs Ball State +5 O/U 40.5 

    CMU got a big win against EMU, then got rocked by Buffalo. The Chips then got a close win against Akron so I do not know what to think of this team. On the other hand, I think Ball State is pretty bad. Like, 3 wins bad. Give me the Chips on the road. 

Best Bet: CMU -5

6. Toledo vs Miami OH +2 O/U 46 

    This is obviously the match of the week. Maybe the season. Toledo has done nothing but win, even though they have not looked good doing so. Miami seems legit this year on both sides of the ball. I think Toledo's run of winning close games comes to an end. Miami's smallest MAC win was by 13, give me the Hawks. 

Best Bet: Miami OH +2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Portal 2024

State of the Program 12/4/23

State of the Program 10/16/23